So, are they important?
Well, night creams are not a must. They are more like an add-on if you wish to wake up with a healthier and glowing complexion.
But what do Night creams do?
There are many benefits of applying night creams on your facial skin :
1. Night cream works by "repairing" your skin at night. All night creams contain ingredients to stimulate the metabolism of your skin, encouraging cellular regrowth. This will eventually lead to an improved appearance when you wake up.
2. Night creams can work as moisturising agents. Owing to the fact that many of them contain moisturising ingredients like glycerin, night creams provide continuous hydration throughout the night. If you sleep with the air-conditioner on, it is highly-suggested for you to get yourself a night cream.
3. Some night creams contain other ingredients for an added effect, like collagen to improve wrinkles or tea tree oil to get rid of acne.
Bio-essence Tanaka White Renewal Night Cream with thanaka extract
Lancome's Blanc Expert Nuit Neuro White X3, a light night cream for suitable for all skin types
Body Shop's Aloe Soothing Night cream with aloe vera for sensitive skin
Clinique's Night Cream. Never tried this before. But it looks rather appealing
Nutox Oxyfusion Night Cream. Formulated without parabens
*Please note that night creams are not meant to replace moisturizers. You still need to apply your moisturizer before applying your night cream.
So, if you're planning to get yourself a night cream here are some things to take note :
1. Avoid night creams with rich and thick texture unless you have dry skin.
2. As your skin needs to "breathe" at night, avoid ones containing silicone oils like dimethicone
3. You'd be a fool if you buy a night cream JUST because you like the smell.
And remember, NEVER apply your night cream in the day
Night creams contain ingredients that breakdown under the sun rays. Applying them during the day would be a total waste, if not, a liability to your skin. Get yourself a day cream instead!
So that's all for this post. I hope you guys found it useful
Sorry for not updating my blog lately, coz I got myself hooked to playing Final Fantasy. haha
Anyway thanks for reading and do share this with your friends :D